Notice to Users
1) All staff and registered students of the SUL are members of the Library. All members must produce a valid Soochow University ID card or library card each time they wish to enter the library. Others who wish to use the Library for study or research may apply for external membership.
2) The library is intended to be a place for quiet study. You are expected to make as little noise as possible and not disturb other library users. You must observe the silence rule in designated areas. Mobile phones and other devices likely to cause disturbance may not be used in the Library, unless their use is silent. Phones must be switched to silent mode on entering the library and may only be used for SMS (text) messaging. They must not be used for spoken conversation. Laptop computers must not be used in silence zones. You may be asked to leave if you disturb others.
3) To keep a clean environment, spitting and littering are not permitted in the library. Library users should also mind their wearing. Those who are wearing shorts and slippers should be kept out of library. No bicycles permitted within the Library building.
4) You must not damage any Library property. This includes writing in or marking books and journals, and removing pages, labels or any part of Library materials.
5) Smoking and the use of matches or lighters are strictly prohibited in any part of the Library.
6) You may not reserve reading places.
7) During library hours coats, bags and umbrellas can be left in the cloakroom and personal belongings in cloakroom lockers.
The Librarian may impose fines on users, or suspend or withdraw their membership of the Library in whole or in part, if they contravene these Regulations.